Show status / start / stop on other website?

Red_Bull

Dec 15, 2010
Hi there,

Firstly, sorry if I put this topic in the wrong selection

We are doing a project for school where we the subject is virtualisation.
We quickly came to the Proxmox solution.

But what we now want is to show the status of the virtual machines on a diffrent web-page. And just to start / stop a VM.

First:

Tot start / stop a VM we thought of Apache web server configured with cgi access

source: http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/run-shell-script-from-web-page/

After we fixed that we thing to put bash script behind buttons to start / stop VM's with

# qm start <vmid>
# vzctl start <vmid>

Please give your thoughts about it

Second:

We want to show the status of the VM's on a webpage (cpu load / memory usage and optional uptime / disksize)

We dont (yet) have a clue how to fix that...

Thanks in advance

I suggest you go through the source code. and yes, we are working on a new API in 2.x series which simplifies a lot of tasks. but its not available yet.

Thanks for your quick answer!

But I am affraid that our deadline doesnt fit with the new Proxmox release :-(.
I tried to find the sourcecode and servel people say it has to be @ ftp://pve.proxmox.com/sources/ but that link is dead?

Maby you can point me more directly?

Thank you in advance

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!