I had to change Cluster.pm, can you tell me if it breaks anything?

monster

Oct 23, 2010
After solving my /etc/hosts issue (in the host) by making it immutable, I still couldn't create a cluster. After a bit I found out hat it was due to Cluster.pm, so I tried to "fix" it like this:

root@hydra:/usr/share/perl5/PVE# diff Cluster.pm.bak Cluster.pm
182c182,183
< my $localip = $ifaces->{vmbr0}->{address} || $ifaces->{eth0}->{address};
---
> #my $localip = $ifaces->{vmbr0}->{address} || $ifaces->{eth0}->{address};
> my $localip = $ifaces->{eth0}->{address} || $ifaces->{vmbr0}->{address};

Before $localip would be vmbr0 by default, and now it is eth0. Since eth0 is normally a real network IP, but vmbr0 doesn't have to be, as in my case, this makes a lot more sense. It seems to be working; I even migrated (offline) a VE from the master to a slave. But without looking at the whole code in detail, I cannot tell if it will make trouble later along the way. I would like to hear the opinion of one of the developers if possible. Maybe someone knows why vmbr0 is normally the default IP?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!