Email backup notification - easy config

G

guedouarj

Hey everbordy,

First, thanks to all developers for the Proxmox VE product, it's working great !

Here is my problem :

I want to send backup email notifications on : test@domain.com

test@domain.com is an internet address, it means that ppl can send me email in this address.

On logs, I can see : root@host.mylocaldomain .

So he is trying to send email from local server.

Does anyone has a "main.cf" file example to send email from a local server ( the proxmox local server in LAN ) to an internet address. ( a gmail address for ex )

And maybe to change root to another user like : backup@hots.mylocaldomain
I used /etc/aliases file but it seems that doesnt work...

Thx !!!

the system root email address is entered during the installation. if you want to change it, go to Configuration/System/Admin

you want to change the sender address, why?

add the following line to your main.cf:
Code:
myhostname = servername.yourdomain.com

I need to put my local domain ( LAN ) ? like proxmox.mylocaldomain.com ?

yes but gmail was just an example, I just want that backup notification send a simple mail to xxxx@anyAdresss.com ( a normal working email address ! which is accessible from Internet, so ppl from internet can write email on it).

I just need a example/template of a working proxmox main.cf file. ( postfix )

yes but gmail was just an example, I just want that backup notification send a simple mail to xxxx@anyAdresss.com ( a normal working email address ! which is accessible from Internet, so ppl from internet can write email on it).

I just need a example/template of a working proxmox main.cf file. ( postfix )

maybe you just run the postfix setup again and answer all questions that it fits into your network.

Code:
dpkg-reconfigure postfix

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!