Problems after Update from VE1.6 to VE1.7

mechanicus

Renowned Member
Mar 30, 2009
Germany
Hello,

last night I've update the server to Proxmox VE 1.7.
After the reboot, a Windows XP machine (32bit) could not start, a disk error indicates.
Disk ist virtio raw.
Another machine (Fedora 11 32 bit) runs as terminalserver. The clients get the boot image by PXE, but they don't start.
Otherwise the guest F11 runs well, there are no entries concerning this behavior in the /var/log/messages.

Same behavior with both machines and an older backup.

I backup both VM's (XP and F11) and restore them in Proxmox VE 1.6. All runs well!

How now? :confused:

Best Regards
mechanicus

regarding winxp: you are using old virtio drivers, use latest and it will work.

regarding the fedora issue, I have no reference for this.

Thank you, Tom. After updating the XP virtio driver the guest (XP) runs well in VE 1.7.
The other problem with the Fedora 11 machine subsists.
Are there any changes in the VE 1.7 regarding firewall or permissins?

Best Regards mechanicus

Now the guest F11 runs and the clients boots from there.
The reason was the virtio network card. I deleted it, created a new adapter rtl8139 and it runs!
There seem to be any changes in the virtio stuff of VE 1.7.

Thanks and best regards!

mechanicus

Sorry about this question, but anyone knows where might I found latest virtio drivers for winxp, 7 and 2008?

This happened exactly the same, with IDE driver no problem.

Thanks in advance
Regards

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!