Bluescreen on WindowsXP

jacky0815

Renowned Member
Aug 26, 2010
Hello,

i have a copy of an windowsXP-image, which run fine under gentoo with kernel 2.6.32 and qemu-kvm 0.12.3. I start the VM with
Code:
kvm -hda image.img -usb -m 3G
The VM dosn't work under proxmox. But there is a bluescreen "processr.sys".
Any idee somebody?

In the wiki I read:
KVM to Proxmox VE (KVM) Just create an new VM on Proxmox VE and add the existing disk image to this new VM, set the boot order and start.
This dosn't work. So I tested it with the kvm-command. Bluescreen on both tests. Any other idea?

did you have the plain standard IDE drivers enabled in your winxp? if not, apply the mergeide.reg on the old system and poweroff - then move to the new system.

Sorry, the same error. I wonder because the error ist in processr.sys. So I think it looks like an error for the processor-driver in windows not for IDE drivers.

try safe-mode. or do a repair-installation.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!