VM time is incorrect on reboot

baboo

Nov 14, 2010
VM time is incorrect on reboot (SOLVED)

I have seen other posts about this topic but no answers. Everytime a VM is rebooted the time is incorrect. So, requires resetting system time. Also hardware clock is wrong and has to be reset.

Any answers to this? Is there a way to make time persistent in VM?

thanks

Last edited:
I have seen other posts about this topic but no answers. Everytime a VM is rebooted the time is incorrect. So, requires resetting system time. Also hardware clock is wrong and has to be reset.

Any answers to this? Is there a way to make time persistent in VM?

thanks
Hi,
how wrong ist the time? If you see the different between UTC and localtime, use the "use local time" in Options -> real time clock.

Udo

thanks for the reply: I did that but time after reboot is off by 38 hours.

any thoughts?

udo: Yes host time and hardware clock are correct. However, you were right. I was choosing the wrong options tab. Once I selected the RIGHT options tab and set to local its now working.

thank you so much for your reply

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!