VM on KVM won't reboot

baboo

Nov 14, 2010
From gui I shutdown vm and then tried to restart but it won't restart. I tried from cl but its says it failed. I checked logs but they have nothing other than syslog says it cannot find local:name of iso that I used to install some apps. After I installed the apps I deleted the iso.

I have shutdown and restarted the vm several times since then but now it refuses to start.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

bump:

It would be nice to hear from proxmox on this issue. I can restore the VM from a backup but why is it so fragile? If I restart the VM several times, then I get this problem. Logs only give the above info that an iso used to install apps is not to be found after deleting.

Perhaps I am deleting iso out of some order? I install the apps and then delete iso. Is that wrong?

udo: I suspect this is my fault :-( I use slackware and do most things from cl. So, I was unmounting cd from cl and then in gui deleting iso. I will try your way!

again thanks for the help

Hi,
you can do with proxmox also many things (i assume all) on the comand line (qm, vzctl...). The config files are all text files - so you can modify a lot (but you should know what you are doing) without gui.

Udo

if you mount and iso which is not available anymore you will get a clean error message on the gui, see Administration/Logs/Tasks.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!