Recovering container from a system with a damaged system partition

lp86

Mar 3, 2010
Ohio
www.ohiointernet.net
I have a server running Proxmox 1.5, It has two containers 101 and 103. The partition containing the operating system is completely trashed. but the pve-data partition is ok. I have the disk plugged into another machine, then I mounted the pve-data from the damaged system to /var/lib/vz. (after unmounting the existing one)

It works great and all, but I want to copy the containers from disk2 to the new disk1.

I doubt the cp command would work in this case, it has symlinks and permissions and things.

What is the best way to do this. There are no backups of this system, that disk failed completely.

It works great right now, but I wanna get the containers moved over to the new drive.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!