vnc viewer java applet doesn't start using chrome/chromium browser

tictactoe

Mar 15, 2010
So I can't use the "Console" action from the menu when I click the red arrow in pve manager.
It works in IE & Firefox but not in Chromium (& Chrome) :confused:

And I have found the mistake :D :

It's a question of HTML4 syntax in vnc-direct.htm, go to line 72, remove "id=vncapp" and it will be ok.

To Proxmox developer, as I see here : http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/struct/objects.html#h-13.4
APPLET is deprecated (with all its attributes) in favor of OBJECT ...

It could be great if it will definitely fix for next update of pve manager :)

Thks for that,

Thanks for info. pls use Firefox for now, the complete new GUI for Proxmox VE 2.0 will work and will also be tested against Chrome browsers, including the console.

FYI it's working for me out owithout any modification with Chrome 7.0.503.1 dev

Maybe it's the reason why I can't connect : I am using Chromium 8.0.552.215

Indeed when I remove the ID tag, I can connect ?!

Maybe it's the reason why I can't connect : I am using Chromium 8.0.552.215

Indeed when I remove the ID tag, I can connect ?!

Sorry my last post isn't true....I remembered some bug report wrong (this one http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=62076)

Here chrome shows an error to, but it says "Error: Error calling method on NPObject!". This is because in the function wresize() var ps = document.vncapp.getPrefferedSize() is called before the Java Applet is loaded. If you set a breakpoint with the debugger, it successfully loads, because the script will be stopped and the applet loads, so that you see no error at all.

Last edited:
Ok I have made some tests...

You were right, the problem is due to
Code:
onLoad='javascript:wresize();'

Maybe it can be fixed for next release of the pve manager ?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!