2 items to consider in Proxmox future

gcmartin

Sep 14, 2010
I really like the product that you've created. Thanks.

This thread is about 2 messages which are disturbing why they even exist.

NTP message which pops up on the PROXMOX host's console:
Code:
"warning: 'ntp' uses 32bit capabilities..."

FDISK message which shows when listing:
Code:
   Device Boot      Start         End      Blocks   Id  System
/dev/sda1   *           1          66      524288   83  Linux
Partition 1 does not end on cylinder boundary.
/dev/sda2              66       60801   487859712   8e  Linux LVM

I think these things are easily fixed, and would tie-up some PROXMOX loose ends we users see.

These things do NOT impair PROXMOX operation, but, for any newbie (like me) if does draw unnecssary attention.

This is NOT a complaint; as, it is an observation that I am commenting on.

Again, THANKS for your wonderful work

the ntp warning will go away as soon as Debian fixes it - as soon as we switch to Squeeze it should be gone.

and for 2.0 we will also clean up the installer/partitioning, thanks for reporting - we will take a deeper look on this.

...and for 2.0 we will also clean up the installer/partitioning, thanks for reporting....
Yeah, that partitioning IS in need of some freedom. It would certainly yield some freedom that my circumventing wouldn't be necessary. But, your system does work. Thanks.

I look forward to V2. If you want a beta test installer, let me know how I can help..

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!