apt-get upgrade slowness on Debian 6.0 containers

SCR512

Jan 19, 2009
pveversion:pve-manager/1.7/5323

I've noticed this only on my debian-6.0-standard_6.0-2 based containers.

If I run apt-get update/upgrade the upgrade portion is excruciatingly slow. I'm curious if any other folks have encountered this. I suspect that these templated machines are for whatever reason corrupt. Other containers using the non Debian templates are uneffected.

pveversion:pve-manager/1.7/5323

I've noticed this only on my debian-6.0-standard_6.0-2 based containers.

If I run apt-get update/upgrade the upgrade portion is excruciatingly slow. I'm curious if any other folks have encountered this. I suspect that these templated machines are for whatever reason corrupt. Other containers using the non Debian templates are uneffected.

Yes, to me it appears that the Debian repositories have been having difficulties lately. I've noticed lots of network lag, timeouts and even reports of missing files while trying to update/upgrade depending on which site you connect to. I suspected it had something to do with Cyber Monday (net traffic skyrocketed), but I still see it occasionally even though that was 2 days ago..

Well my issue isnt with the actual package download, they are fast. The issue is when I try to actually install the packages...

working here. pls post the output of:

Code:
pveversion -v
and
Code:
pveperf

pls run pveperf when the host is idle.

pve-manager/1.7/5323

CPU BOGOMIPS: 37335.59
REGEX/SECOND: 776088
HD SIZE: 83.91 GB (/dev/mapper/pve-root)
BUFFERED READS: 97.23 MB/sec
AVERAGE SEEK TIME: 5.02 ms
FSYNCS/SECOND: 18979.26
DNS EXT: 62.29 ms
DNS INT: 1.07 ms

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!