OpenVZ error: container disk over quota of 295% in a week...

BiagioParuolo

Apr 29, 2009
Salerno - Italy
Hi,

I've a container that goes over quota of 295% in a week...from 17Gb to 60Gb ...
I don't know why!!! and where found that eat space....
Help..?! How return to 17Gb...
If I made "rm *" in a dir I've error argument list too long!!!

I've a similar problem with an installation in Proxmox 1.3, Zimbra inside. Times to time /opt/zimbra/log fills the space.
If you want to know which dir occupies most space you can run something like:
Code:
# du -s ./* | sort -n | cut -f 2- | xargs -i du -sh {}
and see wich one is too big.
If is a dir you can remove, use:
Code:
# rm -r dirname
because "rm *" expands the "*" in a file names list, that could be too big for your environment.
Usually after freed some space, stopping and re-running the OpenVZ VM fixes the occupation info.
If is not the case, you should:
Code:
# vzctl stop <vmid>
# vzquota drop <vmid>
# vzctl start <vmid>
You should investigate if is a container error, or maybe you'd better upgrade to latest Proxmox 1.7 in the hope it fixes the problem.

N.B. "#" at the beginning of the line means you have to run this command as root
<vmid> means the numeric ID of your VM, i.e. 102 (so, i.e., you run vzctl stop 102 as root)

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!