Can proxmox mail gteway check if user exists

mbaroukh

Nov 23, 2010
Hi all.

Actually, proxmox accepts mails whatever the recipient user name is.
Then it fowards to my real gateway.
Maybe the user does not exists the my gateway then my gateway send a notification back to the sender.

Is there a way to ask proxmox to check if user exists before accepting mail ?
Because if mails not seen as spam by proxmox are spams and are sent back to the sender, the sender gateway will considere our ip as spammer ...

For user verification, I'm not just have an ldap server. I also have mailing list which store accounts on flat files. So, if possible, I suppose I have to synchronize a liste of allowed users to proxmox which merge ldap and files. Does it exists a file somwhere on proxmox which would allow this ?

Or can proxmox "learn" that users don't exists ?
Or can user be synchrone, ie did not accept incoming mail until the mail has been sent to my gateway ? Yes, it could cause performance problems but I don't have so many mails ...

Any other idea ?

Thanks !

Mike

Thanks for your response.
Nice feature.
I activated it but my mails are still accepted.
I'll try to restart proxmox ...

Mike

you need to make sure that the internal mail server is configured in the right way - see docu!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!