file .sh that allows me to automate the installation on this platform 32bit

• Thread starter Luis Eduardo Diaz Pereira
  • Start date
L

Luis Eduardo Diaz Pereira

I have 12 computers pentium III 1Ghz and 128Mb RAM

anyone has a file .sh that allows me to automate the installation on this platform 32bit

but read the documentation, my experience is basic to linux and I can not install the system on these old computers.

another question
really be worth trying to install Proxmox and add them to a cluster?

That's barely enough memory to run the base Operating System, let alone another one inside it.
It probably won't work even slightly.

Installing on 32-bit CPU´s is not supported and you will probably run in many issues.

Proxmox VE is only provided for 64-bit CPUs using the debian amd64 architecture. While this makes sense for the KVM hypervisor that depends on special hardware features not available in 32-bit CPUs, at least the container based virtualization OpenVZ can be supported on 32-bit CPUs.

Even if you pull off installing Proxmox on 32bit computers remember... NO M$ will be able to run! (no KVM)

If you want to run some sort of linux in Proxmox 32bit (container only), you would probably be better off installing the distro on the bare metal.
I can't see how it would be possible to run more than one (usable) distro on that limited ram anyway.
Linux servers on bare metal P3/P4 with 512mb ram could be useful.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!