Alloc PE / Size 230656 / 901.00 GB
Free PE / Size 7677 / 29.99 GB

VG Name pve
VG Size 1.36 TB
PE Size 4.00 MB
Total PE 356988
Alloc PE / Size 354304 / 1.35 TB
Free PE / Size 2684 / 10.48 GB

In storage menu evetything looks fine, all disks are available.

Second server heave:
VG Name pve2
VG Size 3.60 TB
PE Size 4.00 MB
Total PE 943718
Alloc PE / Size 279786 / 1.07 TB
Free PE / Size 663932 / 2.53 TB

As You can see i have 2.5TB free to add kvm machines with own logical volume disk on this server.
Before connecting this server to existing cluster in storage menu i see free space and i can create kvm with 1.5TB hard disk

After adding this server to the cluster in stoage menu i can't access to this 2.5TB of free space and i can't create ie. kvm machine with 1.5TB disk space on slave (second) node of my cluster.

Is possible to do that? what i'm doing wrong?

Please help me find solution how to not waste 2.5TB space

Last edited:
Hi,
in a cluster all storage you defined, must be accessible on all nodes. If you add a lvm-vg on the slave you can only access this on the gui, if you add this in storage (and have it also on the master).
You can do a "dirty hack": if you have a vg on the slave, e.g. storagevg, you can use an usb-stick on the master, create also a volumegroup (storagevg) on it and create all VMs which use this storage on the slave. The USB-Stick is only a dummy for the volume group.

Udo

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!