Trying to install slackware 13.1 on KVM VM

baboo

Nov 14, 2010
I clicked on ISO and selected iso to upload and it did. Then I clicked on create VM (KVM) and
it shows slackware iso. I finish the rest of steps and create. No error messages and when I go to LIST there is my VM 101.

I start it up and then click on VNC link. It shows slackware and boots. Now I have to create a partition in order for slackware to install. However, if I type 'cfdisk /dev/sdb or /dev/sda ' I get an error that its not writable.

What am I doing wrong? I am new to virtualization, so I apologize if this is something simple.

thanks

Okay - found out that I was selecting wrong drive interface. Selected scsi and not installed.

However, I am having a problem with network. I can go out but cannot come in. Does proxmox have a firewall turned on?

thanks for the reply. I will give that a try. Trying to learn how to be an administrator so might post some dumb things. :-(

thanks

Out of topic:
You are running an real half-baked spam filter on your email address, therefore you are spamming our forum systems with stupid request for confirmation. Pls stop this otherwise we need to suspend your account - and use a more intelligent spam filter ...

tom:

I belong to about 6-7 forums for several years and have used this email provider for 5 years. No one has ever complained about it spamming. However, I do not use any filter for spam because this is my forums email account, instead of work account. So not sure what is going on.

I guess I can apologize for email provider, although testing this against another forum which is controlled by me, I do not find that behavior.

sorry

Martin contacted you directly via email with more details.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!