Proxmox VE 1.6 lockup on install

mjgraham

Nov 14, 2010
Hi, I have a Tyan S2912 mother board that I am trying to install Proxmox on. I was able to install 1.5 and it went OK but when I tried to use 1.6 with the debug option it hangs on boot at
scsi6 : pata_amd
scsi7 : pata_amd
ata7: PATA max UDMA/133 cmd 0x1f0 ctl 0x3f6 bmdma 0x2480 irg 14
ata8: PATA max UDMA/133 cmd 0x170 ctl 0x376 bmdma 0x2488 irg 15

I have tried to disable the old PATA in the BIOS but then for some reason it kills the SATA also. I tried to install 1.5 and then upgrade to 1.6, the upgrade worked but on boot hung on the same thing.

Just thought it was odd.

Thanks
Jarrid Graham

which kernel did you use on 1.6 - still 2.6.18 or 2.6.32?

What I do know is on the 1.6 install I don't get it installed due to it locking up before it gets started so what ever kernel uses by default ( after it boots the CD, I put debug in the boot options and that is where it hangs) When I did the 1.5 and upgraded it worked I think with the .18 but not the .32.

Well the latest update is I noticed that there were some BIOS updates so I updated to the latest and that seem to fix the problem.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!