addin a hard drive to vz container?

Jeffrey

Mar 10, 2010
I've been searching the forums for info on howto add an additional hard drive to a vz container. This vz will be running Bacula, a backup server for my workstations.

I've read you can't assign block devices to a vz container?, someone said to 'Bind mount', not sure how to do that?

I've set up a soft raid on the new hard drives for my Bacula server, it is all setup with LVM and ready to go, just need to figure out how to mount the /dev/md0 to an vz conatiner (vm101)

Thanks.

This is what I planned to do so far....

from Proxmox:
mount /dev/mapper/baculaVG-baculaRaid /mnt/bacula

mount --bind /mnt/bacula /var/lib/vz/private/101/mnt/bacula

(I created both /mnt/bacula in both Proxmox and in the vz area).

Am I going down the correct road?

Yeah that is the correct road.

Mount it in proxmox - and follow the link tom gave you and you will then have a folder in your 101 vm that you can backup to

You don't need to create the folder ....../101/mnt/bacula you can just create a folder ..../101/bacula for example and then tell bind to mount at that point in your 101.mount file. Seeing as it is another storage drive you can just do this in vps.mount and then it will be accessible by all your vm's as long as you create the same folder in each CTID folder.

It's pretty sexy and straight forward to do

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!