70-persistent-net.rules not is generated

D

doknet

I have a problem with creating full kvm machines
with debian.
The creation process works so good, but not create
file 70-persistent-net.rules not is generated

I create by hand and nothing is written on reboot in 70-persistent-net.rules .

When duplicate the machine even though I delete and re create ethernet device by web
Lan continues to give this board the same HWaddr.
It also checks the file,501.conf And this really changed vlan0

cat /etc/qemu-server/501.conf
vlan0: rtl8139=2E:62:85:A0:2D:AB

Any idea why is not generated and / or complete the file 70-persistent-net.rules. And because even though I delete and recreation board, when I run ifconfig the above shows old HWaddr . And nothing in 70-persistent-net.rules create by hand.-

vm1:~# pveversion -v
pve-manager: 1.6-5 (pve-manager/1.6/5261)
running kernel: 2.6.24-12-pve
proxmox-ve-2.6.24: 1.6-26
pve-kernel-2.6.24-12-pve: 2.6.24-25
qemu-server: 1.1-22
pve-firmware: 1.0-9
libpve-storage-perl: 1.0-14
vncterm: 0.9-2
vzctl: 3.0.24-1pve4
vzdump: 1.2-8
vzprocps: 2.0.11-1dso2
vzquota: 3.0.11-1
pve-qemu-kvm: 0.12.5-2

Any idea.

Sorry my inglis.

Thanks.

Any idea why is not generated and / or complete the file 70-persistent-net.rules.

I encountered the same problem on a couple guests.

I didn't bookmark the link so I can't provide the reference anymore, but it's an obscure feature and is by design.
The feature causes the file 75-persistent-net-generator.rules to blacklist MAC addresses of virtual devices, and thus they are not added to 70-persistent-net.rules.

75-persistent-net-generator.rules does include a whitelist function, but I never figured out how to edit it.
So instead, I write 70-persistent-net.rules by hand using PVE's as a template, then disable the generator so there's no chance of it being overwritten.

This command works in Squeeze to disable the generator:
Code:
mv /lib/udev/rules.d/75-persistent-net-generator.rules /lib/udev/rules.d/75-persistent-net-generator.rules.disabled

Thank you very much for answering.

I hand create the empty file /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules . Debian Lenny

Rename the file 75-persistent-net-generator.rules

mv /etc/udev/rules.d/75-persistent-net-generator.rules /etc/udev/rules.d/75-persistent-net-generator.rules.disabled

But when you restart the VM (full kvm) , the file is empty 70-persistent-net.rules

At the moment did the machine with Ubuntu 10.4 and work.

I appreciate your comment again.

The Lennys I have don't behave that way.
Running udev 0.125-7+lenny3 with either kernel 2.6.32-4 or 2.6.35-1.

All I can think of is that these Lennys are both PVE, although I don't think that should make a difference.

My non-PVE Debians are Squeeze which run udev 163-2, and they don't exhibit that behavior either.

Would you be willing to mix repos on that machine & try the newer udev from Squeeze?
If you do, keep in mind that udev 163-2 moves the generator to /lib/udev/rules.d when you disable it.

Even if you don't, it might help to purge the current version & install fresh config files, providing you don't already have customization to be concerned with.
Other than that, I don't know.

Thank you for your response.
Cambiare the kernerl and see what it is.
If I try to change only udev, I run out of kernel. I'm making an error.
Thank

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!