Install PVE modules on an existing debian installation

tengu

Jun 24, 2008
Hello!

I was wondering if there's a simple way to install some PVE modules on an existing debian installation.
In fact we have "some" servers at work, in production and we'd like to install "Proxmox VE Cluster" and "Central Web-based Management" on our servers...

We can reverse the existing ISO, but it's a bit crappy.. maybe you have a repository with .deb ?

Thanks in advance

Regards

C.

Hello!

I was wondering if there's a simple way to install some PVE modules on an existing debian installation.
In fact we have "some" servers at work, in production and we'd like to install "Proxmox VE Cluster" and "Central Web-based Management" on our servers...

We can reverse the existing ISO, but it's a bit crappy.. maybe you have a repository with .deb ?

Thanks in advance

Regards

C.

hi,

we plan to:

• Debian task package to install Proxmox VE packages to an existing Debian Etch 64 (enables custom partitioning and software raid configurations)
see our roadmap.

hi,

we plan to:

• Debian task package to install Proxmox VE packages to an existing Debian Etch 64 (enables custom partitioning and software raid configurations)
see our roadmap.
Oh, nice!
And will it be possible to see source code too ? as we have some special needs, we'll have to change some things especially in web interface I think... and provide patches if needed.

Thanks for your quick answer!

Oh, nice!
And will it be possible to see source code too ? as we have some special needs, we'll have to change some things especially in web interface I think... and provide patches if needed.

Thanks for your quick answer!

our software is licensed under GNU GPL v2 so this should not be the problem.

I am currently doing some cleanups and massive changes to the KVM interface. The plan is to release the source in a few weeks. Is that OK for you?

- Dietmar

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!