File based restore

netbone

Feb 5, 2009
Helo. One of my proxmox servers crashed, but I have a full backup of directory /private with all VE inside. Is there an easy way to restore or what is the fastest way? Thank you.

Helo. One of my proxmox servers crashed, but I have a full backup of directory /private with all VE inside. Is there an easy way to restore or what is the fastest way? Thank you.

I guess you can just copy the data (rsync, cp). But you also need the container configuration files - you have them stored too?

vzdump backup includes config files (since the beginning).
or what do you mean?

vzdump backup includes config files (since the beginning).
or what do you mean?
Just an easy way to backup config files on the same server, where I'm actually performing raw file backups .
Probably is a redundancy of a novice user ...

Regards

vzdump is doing this, what do you miss exactly? looks that I do not get your problem ...

vzdump is doing this, what do you miss exactly? looks that I do not get your problem ...
As I told it is a redundancy:
- I'm doing backups with vzdump
&
-Also doing backups of *.conf and *.raw

After your inputs, If I want a redundancy, a can make a second copy of the vzdump *.tar.

Thanks & Regards

so you want that we implement the same backup thing again? this makes really no sense to me ...

If I want a redundancy, a can make a second copy of the vzdump *.tar.

You can make the built-in backup of Proxmox keep a certain number of backups before it overwrites what's been done previously.

Make a file /etc/vzdump.conf
and put this line in it
Code:
maxfiles: 2

In this case if you do a weekly backup, there would always be a copy of the most recent backup, as well as the week before.

This setting is global, and applies to all the backup directories in use, for every backup job.

You can make the built-in backup of Proxmox keep a certain number of backups before it overwrites what's been done previously.

Make a file /etc/vzdump.conf
and put this line in it
Code:
maxfiles: 2
In this case if you do a weekly backup, there would always be a copy of the most recent backup, as well as the week before.

This setting is global, and applies to all the backup directories in use, for every backup job.

Thanks

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!