ibmasm module anyone?

hk@

Renowned Member
Feb 10, 2010
Vienna
kapper.net
Hi
we got an RSA2 Adapter installed into an IBM x3650 - now in order to get the RSA to reckognize everything is fine within the OS the ibmasm module would be needed.

I found ibmasm-util in ubuntu - but we'd need the kernel-module first..

any hints?

regards
hk

pveversion -v
pve-manager: 1.5-10 (pve-manager/1.5/4822)
running kernel: 2.6.18-2-pve
proxmox-ve-2.6.18: 1.5-5
pve-kernel-2.6.18-2-pve: 2.6.18-5
qemu-server: 1.1-16
pve-firmware: 1.0-5
libpve-storage-perl: 1.0-13
vncterm: 0.9-2
vzctl: 3.0.23-1pve11
vzdump: 1.2-5
vzprocps: 2.0.11-1dso2
vzquota: 3.0.11-1
pve-qemu-kvm-2.6.18: 0.9.1-5

Well,
then I have to put it the other way round :)

Any chance VZ will be supported on 2.6.32 by PVE any time soon?

Regards
hk

Any chance VZ will be supported on 2.6.32 by PVE any time soon?

I would really like to release that kernel. But there is one blocker:

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=591778

(yes, seems nobody is interested in that bug) The strange thing is that you can reproduce that slow fsync on other 2.6.32 based kernels too (fedora, redhat, ...). But the default debian kernel (without OpenVZ is fast). Or is our way to measure fsync rate wrong?

Also, KSM does not work on the OpenVZ Kernel.

Well,
as anyone who goes 2.6.32 at the moment has to choose not to use OpenVZ - why not fork it into some 2.6.32-openvz-only branch?

(yes, I know, I don't like it either)

My only wish for OVZ and 2.6.32 would be: make iolimits and cpulimits work again pls - otherwise it's not viable to use in production with potentially unfriendly client-VEs

thank you
hk

Well,
as anyone who goes 2.6.32 at the moment has to choose not to use OpenVZ - why not fork it into some 2.6.32-openvz-only branch?

Yes, that can be a way to go - but it would mean we have to maintain another kernel. I would prefer to have a single kernel.

This is my first post in this forum. I appreciate Proxmox PVE very much. Thanks for developing such a great piece of software!

Now I'd like to re-activate this old thread. I've got an IBM server with Remote Supervisor Adapter II. Now I'm needing the ibmrsa module. Unfortunately it is not included in the pve kernel package. What's the easiest way to get it? (Edit: My server is running on PVE 1.9 including all updates.)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!