Deleting storage problem and backup question.

G

guedouarj

Hello everbody,

I'm little stuck with these 2 problems :

1. On the web interface, I created a LVM Storage and I was surprised that its 99.7% full !

So I wanted to delete it ( with the web interface ) and I got a popup with this error :

Error: command '/sbin/vgchange -aln pve' failed with exit code 5

So its impossible to delete this ? Maybe there is a special command to do it ?

2. I want to use the backup job management with the web interface but it told me that I need a backup storage first. How can I do this ?
I also see that there is only VZDUMP backup, so how can I backup KVM raw files ? with a NFS Storage ?

Thank you for your help ! :cool:

So its impossible to delete this ? Maybe there is a special command to do it ?

I am sure you you not want to delete this (all you data is on that VG).

If you just want to remove if from the list, directly edit /etc/pve/storage.cfg

NOTE: Volume group 'pve' is the one used by the system

2. I want to use the backup job management with the web interface but it told me that I need a backup storage first. How can I do this ?

On the web interface, section "Configuration/Storage".

I also see that there is only VZDUMP backup, so how can I backup KVM raw files ? with a NFS Storage ?

vzdump handles raw files and nfs storage - whats the problem?

Ah, I thought that VZDUmp backups was deisgned vor openVZ VM files, but like you said, it's compatible for KVM VM as well !

Thank you for your support ! :)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!