nibir

Aug 19, 2010
server2.png
Hello
Sorry for my English.

I have a problem with the firewall on proxmox
Install a good firewall (a wrapper around iptables) Shorewall, as told here:
http://www.myatus.co.uk/2009/08/31/guide-firewall-and-router-with-proxmox/

Everything works fine except dmz network.
On my image be seen:
1) multiple virtual machines are included in a bridge
2) bridge is configured as follows:
auto vmbr3
iface vmbr3 inet static
address 10.0.0.1
netmask 255.0.0.0
broadcast 10.255.255.255
network 10.0.0.0
bridge_ports none
bridge_stp off
bridge_fd 0
3) Traffic must go - is shown in gray
4) Traffic is going - is shown in red
5) firewall blocks traffic - is shown in yellow

6) In the logs all confirmed: Traffic from the bridge is in what is incomprehensible vmtab

Aug 19 23:06:03 proxmox kernel: Shorewall: INPUT: REJECT: IN = vmbr3 OUT = PHYSIN = vmtab101i3 MAC = 8e: 6d: b8: 40: d2: d2: c6: 2c: d0: 4f: 90:32: 08:00 SRC = 10.0.0.101 DST = 10.0.0.1 LEN = 60 TOS = 0x00 PREC = 0x00 TTL = 128 ID = 641 PROTO = ICMP TYPE = 8 CODE = 0 ID = 512 SEQ = 26624

How do I order these vmtab not created? Or how can I let the traffic in such a case?

I understand that this virtual network interfaces - this is as ports in the switches. But why do they need? How to make sure that they are not created?

sircolin
Thank you very much!
My problem is "routeback"
I saw this word 2 days ago in my tutorial (url in my first post), and i think this rule for additional security and i not wrote it in the "interfaces" file.

l.mierzwa
Thanks for intresting information.

All my nets worked true! Thanks everybody. Closed.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!