Need to install Atheros AR8131M module?

Jeffrey

Mar 10, 2010
Hello,

I've recently installed Proxmox, running 2.6.32-2-pve kernel on a MSI 770-g45 motherboard which has a built-in Atheros AR8131M NIC.

I can't seem to find a module for this card with this kernel. I found a driver source code for this card but need to build it. Proxmox doesn't have the compilier installed for me to build this module.

I don't want to install all the required tools to compile this module on this server. How about creating a VM(OpenVZ) and installing all the required tools to compile this module, then I could move the modules over to Proxmox, sound plausible?

I am open to any suggestions on how to accomplish this task.

Thank you.
Jeffrey

Just now found out the modules are available, there seems to be two different modules, atl1c.ko and atl1e.ko.
I added module atl1e.ko to /etc/modules, before I knew that atl1c.ko was already loaded, so both modules are installed but the NIC is not brough up during bootup. dmesg show the NIC but the NIC is not brought up during boot. I currently have another pci NIC installed and that is up and running.

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!