KVM VM keeps getting hung with showing in console with hung_task_timeout_secs

webservio

Renowned Member
May 13, 2009
Hi,

I am running Kernel Version: Linux 2.6.24-11-pve on a Dell 1950 Dual dual core system. My KVM virtualized machines keep failing and when I access through the VNC console I see:

/proc/sys /kernel/hung_task_timeout_secs

To get them restarted I have to force by using stop the VM and then start. They run for a while and fail again.

I tried allocating 2 CPUs and 2Cores but same problem. What do I need to do to stop this failure?

Thanks,

I have several machines with this problem with the exception of systems with kernel 2.6.32-2. The main issue is 2.6.32-2 does not include openvz. I was wondering if any body else got around this issue as well?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!