Want more iostats than atsar gives

G

gelowe

I want to collect more Disk i/o stats than the atsar gives. Will I break any of proxmox if I switch back to the debian sar with sysstat (8.1.2-2)? It says it conflicts with atsar and I noticed proxmox does show some disk stats in the main screen.

I want to collect more Disk i/o stats than the atsar gives. Will I break any of proxmox if I switch back to the debian sar with sysstat (8.1.2-2)? It says it conflicts with atsar and I noticed proxmox does show some disk stats in the main screen.

Proxmox VE does not depend on atsar. Anyway, does 'sar' provide more information that atsar?

Really? because when i try to take out atsar I get a dependency issues with pve-manager.....On atsar can you show me that it gathers the io/wait stats for individual disks?

Really? because when i try to take out atsar I get a dependency issues with pve-manager.....

OK, your are right - that is obviously a bug.

On atsar can you show me that it gathers the io/wait stats for individual disks?

You need to test that yourself.

I got around this by installing sysstat package on top of atsar. So far no issues.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!