[Question] Is it possible to make some "elastic" hdd partitions ?

G

guedouarj

Hey everbody !

First I want to thank all developpers of proxmox and his community ! ;)

I just have one question :

For exemple : I have a 2 hard disks of 1TB.
The first harddisk ---> VM store
second harddisk --> backup of VMs

I will make 2 VM server ( xen full ) on the 1st harddisk.

so it will be :

ServerVM1 : 500 go

ServerVM2 : 500 go

If I want to change the size of VM1 to 200 go for exemple, is it possible to do that ?

Another question about the backup, I tried to build a backup job but I said I have to build a backup storage first ? what does it means ? :confused:

I just want to save VM images ( .raw is the best I think ) from the 1st disk to the second hard disk ( backup disk ) .

Thank you ! :cool:

I will use ubuntu server as OS, so u mean that I need to use some LVM partitions ( I think resizing is possible and safe ) on the VM ? :confused:

I will use ubuntu server as OS, so u mean that I need to use some LVM partitions ( I think resizing is possible and safe ) on the VM ? :confused:

You can resize anything if you know how - no need for LVM (although it can make things more easy).

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!