Disk identifier: 0x000222bc

Device Boot      Start         End      Blocks   Id  System
/dev/dm-1p1   *           1        1044     8385898+  83  Linux
/dev/dm-1p2            1045        3133    16779892+  83  Linux
/dev/dm-1p3            3134        3786     5245222+  83  Linux
/dev/dm-1p4            3787        4177     3140707+   5  Extended
/dev/dm-1p5            3787        3917     1052226   83  Linux
/dev/dm-1p6            3918        4177     2088418+  82  Linux swap / Solaris

I like copy clone /dev/vzhd/vm-300-disk-1 to another machine.

I'm lost. Apreciate help

do a backup/restore and change the settings before you power on the clone (e.g. MAC address).

Thanks.

We don't like clone disk model. On destination we like put this clone on disk qcow2 format.

Also i don't love any system of proxmox for backing QEMU images.

On all types of configurations, QCOW2, RAW, LVM, with backup using vzdump on QEMU VPS VPS not suspended... VPS burn on hell and don't work for long times, overload on system it's dangerous...

Try usin sevral tips for shceluder, I7o prio, and any model work fine.

Last edited:
if you follow the recommendations vzdump works perfectly fine.

After one year, 20 machines with Proxmox, and several test, sorry, but vzdump & QEMU machine work very poorly (in ohter words: DON'T WORK) and VERY DANGEROUS for productions system on single machine without others storage that local disk.

Same, IDE, SCSI, VIRTIO, LVM, RAW or QCOW2. If run backup proxmox with QEMU VPS, system freeze, long time for backup, and dangerous.

With OpenVZ ... work fine.

If you ask out of this forum and also on this forums, you can see that it's not simple. There are a lot of people frustated with this problem..

One person, ... two person.. a lot of person with same problem? Uhmmmm

A nice day.

we have more than 10.000 servers in production and yes, there are a couple of issues mostly in wrong configurations. but that does not mean it does not work if you find 10 threads with problems ...

btw, you need to remove your advertising link in the signature as your were already told by the forum admin, otherwise your account will be locked.

:mad: I like when someone says : it doesn't work without explaining how, when, errors encoutered and so on...

we're on a tech forum here...

so, if there is really a problem with backup/restore, we're ALL concerned.. explain it but just don't say it doesn't work...

Without words.

First. The issue is not dealt with the shortcomings, in the opinion of someone (me) but of finding the best path for a given scenario

Second. In this forum, it seems that the ability to criticize is seriously affected, as some kids seem unable to receive some criticism. This is not the reply today, but in many others where there are some that think your software or software in which they work is unique, special, and free of problems.

Third. High is not even that opinion can be expressed, and in a fit of cryo, I deleted the reply made to a few hours ago. Lo de "I will tell the manager you have an advertising links (link to my personal website and my work) is tantrum.

In short, I care less attitude. I will continue using Proxmox far I think is a good tool, not used to what is worthless, which is what I've been doing this my whole life. Find the best solution.

Discussions of this nature for children.

Man, really, maybe it's my english or yours, or both, but i really can't understand what you need and/or mean here... :confused:

you need help cloning a vlm volume of a vm to another? tom kindly answered... ;)

there's nothing really related to pve here: search yourself the net for some method to "clone" lvm volumes, i tried and failed, if you find how, please let us know here. in the meanwhile, you can do as i do, use the backup/restore method provided (free) by vzdump and qmrestore. If you are unsatisfied, you have the source of everything on your server. if you are not able to improve the tools yourself, you can buy some programmer time to do that for you... if it is possible!

i'm sure that if you find an easy way to implement this in pve they'll gladly hear from you...

Marco

Of course I'm use my own method. Actually work with my own script for backups KVM machines. Several lost time for this problem, and all times get the same reply: "My config it's wrong, my machine it's wrong" But with my script work fine.

A don't like lost time with stupid questions. That's for babys

A nice day.

i can't see where in this post someone told you that your <anything, apart attitude> is wrong...
and i can't see why are you complaining of anything: if your script, your method, works fine, well, good for you. pve people is giving you for free much, including support, what are you giving back? complains? really, i can't understand where your frustration comes from...

Marco

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!