How to mount the disk proxmox that is installed on another computer with Linux?

Fransuelo

Jul 18, 2010
How to mount the disk proxmox that is installed on another computer with Linux?

Here's the scenario:

I have two servers installed with proxmox (one master and another as the node)
Each server runs its virtual machines.
Recently, the master server and burned the source I needed to put the virtual machines in operation.

I decided to remove the HD and put the master server and slave server node. I tried to mount the HD, but I could only mount a partition where I could see the settings of the boot file and the kernel image.

Could perform the copy by putting the hd in another computer, which to my surprise began proxmox normally. I had just reconfigure the network card and realized the copy of virtual machines.

Question ...

How I could mount this hd as slave on another computer with linux and copy the virtual machines?

Sincerely,

Fransuêlo

Proxmox VE uses LVM, default vg (volume group) is pve.

Here is the default configuration of one of my Proxmox VE hosts, virtual images should be in LV 'data', config is in LV 'root':

Code:
proxmoxve:~# vgs
  VG   #PV #LV #SN Attr   VSize   VFree
  pve    1   3   0 wz--n- 930.50G 19.57G
mits2:~# lvs
  LV   VG   Attr   LSize   Origin Snap%  Move Log Copy%  Convert
  data pve  -wi-ao 810.93G
  root pve  -wi-ao  96.00G
  swap pve  -wi-ao   4.00G
proxmoxve:~#

Tom,
Lvs command allows me to see the volume groups. But excuse me if I did not understand ... How could I retrieve the virtual machines that are on my hard disk with Linux on a machine that does not use proxmox?
Montel until the hard disk on a pc with linux. But did not see the partitions ... I would like to access / var / lib / vz / images?

Grateful for their cooperation.

Fransu
êlo

I have installed on hd proxmox "A". How can I recover the virtual machine's hd "A" riding this hd on another computer with Linux?

thanks

I have installed on hd proxmox "A". How can I recover the virtual machine's hd "A" riding this hd on another computer with Linux?

thanks
Hi,
to access the content of the proxmox-hd you have to activate the logical volumes. The easy way is to boot the grml live-cd. With this you can simply "Start_lvm (sp?)" and all logical volumes are automaticly mounted.

handmade with something like
Code:
vgscan
vgchange -a y pve # to activate volumegroup pve
lvscan
lvchange -a y /dev/pve/data
mount /dev/pve/data /mnt
below /mnt you will find the content of /var/lib/vz of the proxmox-server. You can similar access the root partition.

"man lvm" is also a good start.

Udo

Hello Udo,

I will perform these tests this weekend and I'll post the results you find.

Thank you for your help.

Fransu
êlo

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!