Setting VM up with shared storage in the VM

M

mfburgo

Hello all,

I run quite a few VM's KVM based that use shared storage using clvm2. Question is using libvirt I can mark a disk as shareable and it works properly. Is there a way in proxmox to mark the disk as shareable. I can not find a spec on the <vmid>.conf file any where and the WebGui does not have this option.

We run load balanced comm servers that share disk and I also configure test oracle RAC servers that utilize this for the ASM disk and other shared disk for exports and custom scripts. If it can be added with proxmox then we would be able to utilize this fine product.

Thank You

Looking at the ones that I have that are using kvm on the other server it appears that it starts the vm with the disk marked as cache=off: Can you not add this setting to the proxmox system. This is a show stopper for our environment. If the changes can not be added we will need to just us kvm and pacemaker we would prefer to move to proxmox for the nice frontend.

Here is an example:
7100 ? Sl 20:53 /usr/bin/kvm -monitor unix:/var/run/qemu-server/101.mon,server,nowait -vnc unix:/var/run/qemu-server/101.vnc,password -pidfile /var/run/qemu-server/101.pid -daemonize -usbdevice tablet -name test-ubuntu -smp 1 -vga cirrus -tdf -k en-us -drive if=ide,index=2,media=cdrom -drive file=/var/lib/vz/images/101/vm-101-disk-1.raw,if=virtio,index=0,boot=on -drive file=/var/lib/vz/images/101/vm-101-disk-2.raw,if=virtio,index=1 -m 512 -net tap,vlan=0,ifname=vmtab101i0,script=/var/lib/qemu-server/bridge-vlan -net nic,vlan=0,model=virtio,macaddr=6E:2D:D3:28:3E:C2

6806 ? Sl 1766:09 /usr/bin/kvm -S -M pc-0.11 -enable-kvm -m 512 -smp 1 -name comm1 -uuid 2972c448-7f8e-ef2b-13b2-bb770762d29e -chardev socket,id=monitor,path=/var/lib/libvirt/qemu/comm1.monitor,server,nowait -monitor chardev:monitor -boot c -drive if=ide,media=cdrom,index=2 -drive file=/dev/eva_vm_1/comm1_system,if=virtio,index=0,boot=on -drive file=/dev/eva_vm_1/comm_shared_home,if=virtio,index=1,cache=off -net nic,macaddr=54:52:00:3c:02:59,vlan=0,model=virtio,name=virtio.0 -net tap,fd=61,vlan=0,name=tap.0 -chardev pty,id=serial0 -serial chardev:serial0 -parallel none -usb -vnc 127.0.0.1:5 -k en-us -vga cirrus -soundhw es1370

The Red text is the shared drive from our libvirt configured system That make the disk shareable and able to be used by both VM's with clvm and gfs or ocfs2. The question is can this option be added to proxmox

Thanks

The Red text is the shared drive from our libvirt configured system That make the disk shareable and able to be used by both VM's with clvm and gfs or ocfs2. The question is can this option be added to proxmox

Yes, I can add this.

Thank you if you need me to test the changes just let me know this will allow us to move forward with the installation and the migration to this environment.

Thanks again

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!