Compatible Billing System

anves

Jul 30, 2010
Is anyone here aware of a compatible billing system for hosting companies whom has a plugin available for ProxMox

Thank You

Vin

I am not aware of any, most did a custom integration. but we will take a deeper look into whmcs as soon as the API is stable (in Proxmox VE 2.x).

as soon as our API is stable a module can be developed (by anyone).

Tom -

There are a number of us who are looking for this.
If you visit http://www.whmcs.com/members/dl.php?type=d&id=14 you will see the WHMCS api link for server provisioning.

How close are we - is this something perhaps a few of us could fund ? to make happen?
We are looking to stick with ProxMox however it is difficult when we need a system that will allow for automation.

We can already do this w/ a ton of other systems... but we believe in the ProxMox mission... it is difficult however for many who are getting pushed by management to do automation not to give an alternative in return :-(

Tom -

There are a number of us who are looking for this.
If you visit http://www.whmcs.com/members/dl.php?type=d&id=14 you will see the WHMCS api link for server provisioning.

How close are we - is this something perhaps a few of us could fund ? to make happen?
We are looking to stick with ProxMox however it is difficult when we need a system that will allow for automation.

We can already do this w/ a ton of other systems... but we believe in the ProxMox mission... it is difficult however for many who are getting pushed by management to do automation not to give an alternative in return :-(

All depends on the stable api of 2.0. the plan is still to have some beta end of this year but depending on some other needed software packages it still not clear if we can to with this schedule, lets see.

I more than understand.

we have done some tricky things - using of all things an ssh tunnel and some localized scripts -

they have gotten us pretty far - but not complete as we would like yet.

thanks again

Tom -PS - I sent a note about partnership opportunity a few times -but no response - mind hitting me up off list ?

Well what I have learned is, to make your Biz more auto, you need a billing system and CP - I ended up going with AWBS for the billing, it was just a bit over 100.00 and the CP interworx which was 250.00 bought version - I will tell you, and I am not a reseller of either, both have been EXCEPTIONAL with their service and their support - I spent a lot of time and testing different systems and this is what I recommend.

Vin
ANVES.COM

Oh, I forgot to mentions that Proxmox is a VPS, so these 2 that I recommend work under it, or along side, whatever you prefer

sadly we have found the interworx support not to be up to what we expect from an organization. cPanel on the other hand has been great.
AWBS i have heard mixed reviews on... however - WHMCS has never let us down.

Bottom line however - after peeking @ AWBS is the same - until Proxmox has an API that is stable and usable - we are left to our own devices mocking up our own billing platform to create, suspend, and delete vps based in proxmox.

Have you been successful in having your billing system create the vps?
if not - than your not adding to this thread w/ the suggestions - but instead distracting it.

(sorry it is late not trying to be short)

sadly we have found the interworx support not to be up to what we expect from an organization. cPanel on the other hand has been great

I've found this comment to be the exact OPPOSITE of my personal experience. The folks at Interworx are amazing and I've worked with them for about a year now (and no, I don't work for them, nor am I being compensated in any way for this post). I had 15 Cpanel unlimited licenses at one time, and I've been migrating away because of the horrid service I'd received from Cpanel, most notably in regards to upgrades.

I'll reiterate; I've received more than I've given to Interworx. I highly recommend them and I suggest that someone should try them out and get a personal experience from them in advance of forming an opinion or not trying them because of someone else opinion.

It has been a long time since we used them - perhaps we should take a peek :)

thanks for your recommendation - I think our experience was when they were just starting out perhaps - not sure.
I will test them out @ least again - and then post

Quick ? how well does it work w/in proxmox /

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!