Iptables Forwarding

KumpelJ

May 24, 2010
Hello,

I try to forward some ports from the Proxmox 1.5 Host Server vh1 (Linux 2.6.18-2-pve) to some VMs/Servers..this works as long as the VM is on the same host (vh1). If I try to forward to onther host vh2 (of course vh2 ist reachable from vh1, e.g. ping, open mysql, lynx on apache etc) i get no connection:(

any ideas?

Thanks

vh1:~# cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

vh1:~# iptables -L
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
target prot opt source destination

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)

vh1:~# iptables -t nat -L
Chain PREROUTING (policy ACCEPT)
DNAT tcp -- anywhere static.45.18.63.88.clients.your-server.de tcp dpt:1751 to:192.168.11.121:80 <-- works vm1, server is a VM on the same host
DNAT tcp -- anywhere static.45.18.63.88.clients.your-server.de tcp dpt:1752 to:192.168.11.5:80 <-- doesn't work vh2, server is an other host

Chain POSTROUTING (policy ACCEPT)
MASQUERADE all -- anywhere anywhere

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)
vh1:~#

Last edited:
Update:

The connection seems to be redirected to the other host, but there it hangs (1.2.3.4 is the internet-ip of my home pc)

vh2 netstat:
tcp 0 0 192.168.11.5:80 1.2.3.4:56900 SYN_RECV

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!