Irc

Lantizia

Jun 29, 2009
IRC ##proxmox on Freenode

Hi,

I am currently in #proxmox on the Freenode IRC network

There is me and another guy already (EDIT: 48 hours later... 12 more have joined), - so it's already more of a success than I thought

I'll be idling here regularly now, time for us to have an IRC channel and I won't give up on it!

Who is with me!

p.s. Just highlight my name (that means say it in channel) if you want my attention if things are quiet and I'm not set to away.

EDIT: If you are unfamiliar with IRC then go here... http://webchat.freenode.net/ and enter a name for yourself and #proxmox for the channel

EDIT EDIT: Now instead join ##proxmox as #proxmox should not be used, unofficial channels require a double hash under Freenode rules.

Steven

Last edited:
A mac friend just told me that Linkinus is a good IRC client for the mac.

Update...

Had about 6 people join in the last 12 hours... if you want to strike up a conversation however you really must remember to say hello to someone by name... often people keep their IRC clients minimized and saying their name alerts them there is a conversation going.

Hi dietmar and tom,

I realise that Proxmox do not want the responsibility of running an IRC channel and fully accept that is would be entirely unofficial and community support in that channel.

Is there perhaps a way we can retitle this as "Community IRC Support" or "Unofficial IRC Channel" or whatever... and sticky it?

It would help popularity, and to see if this is going to be a success or not.

Thanks for your support so far.

Steven

our community support is moderated by our team and a fast growing member base with great knowledge and this is a great success, as you can see here in this forum. so I am not sure if we need to improve a already good working community support system.

OK so I realize this post is now over a year old but I've been in and out of #proxmox regularly in that time to notice the count going up and up and up - currently as I speak there are 24 people in #proxmox on Freenode.

However the channel was registered way back in 2008 by a nick called "tyn0r" and he hasn't been seen since 2008 - so basically this channel is abandoned and no one has control over it.

Whats more, this channel is unofficial so according to freenode guidelines shouldn't even exist with it's current name and unofficial channels should have a double hash.

So I'd like to redirect you all to ##proxmox on Freenode where can properly set channel topics, boot out trolls, the usual...

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!