mouse not lining up... thread deleted?

S

senorsmile

Hello,

I have a new installation of proxmox running with a few linux vm's that I convered from vmware server 2. So far I am just using the vmdk files directly and they work fine. The only problem I find is with the gui in ebox 1.4 (which uses ubuntu 8.04). The mouse doesn't line up at all and it's very hard to click on anything.

I have found several references in other threads to see
http://www.proxmox.com/forum/showthread.php?p=10202#poststop

However, that thread doesn't come up for me, and I don't see any other references to what actually needs to be done to fix this. Please assist.

I'm having the same problem, when using an Acronis bootable cd on the guest. I seem to remember a time when VNC didn't try to sync mouse cursors. Where can I change the vnc configuration?

depends on the selected OS type (e.g. if you set to windows or linux26 usb tablet driver is provided) and on the drivers/setup in the guest. So I assume its an issue on the acronis cd, does not load the right driver.?

OK, I have the machine set to Windows 2003, but I think Acronis runs Linux. Would it hurt if I change the 'Guest Type' to 'Linux 2.6' run Acronis and then switch back to 'Windows 2003' before I boot that OS?

you can try this without risk but I doubt that this help here.

Yeah. You are right. Anyway it's not critical since everything is keyboard navigatable.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!