Change Default kernal to load on startup

I also am having an issue with all kvm machines displaying a black page when trying to view them via the web interface using the vnc console.

I also am unable to ping or access them.

I believe this has something to do with the update I tried to apply! :(

did you follow the update guide?
see http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Downloads#Update_a_running_Proxmox_Virtual_Environment_1.5

did you reboot into the right kernel? post your 'pveversion -v'.

The only step that I did not complete properly in the update guide was to stop all running vm's before updating the kernal.

I have tried booting into the pve-kernal-2.6.24-7 from the kernal options at boot as I require both KVM and OpenVZ support. I didn't realise before installing 2.6.32 that it didn't support OpenVZ.

The output of pveversion -v is:
proxmox:~# pveversion -v
pve-manager: 1.5-10 (pve-manager/1.5/4822)
running kernel: 2.6.24-7-pve
proxmox-ve-2.6.32: 1.5-7
pve-kernel-2.6.32-2-pve: 2.6.32-7
pve-kernel-2.6.24-7-pve: 2.6.24-11
qemu-server: 1.1-16
pve-firmware: 1.0-5
libpve-storage-perl: 1.0-13
vncterm: 0.9-2
vzctl: 3.0.23-1pve11
vzdump: 1.2-5
vzprocps: 2.0.11-1dso2
vzquota: 3.0.11-1
pve-qemu-kvm: 0.12.4-1
ksm-control-daemon: 1.0-3
proxmox:~#

Please advise.

I have installed the latest release of 2.6.24 kernal branch and autoremoved the 2.6.32 kernal branch.

This has fixed the kvm issues and openvz still works.

How can I edit the bootup kernal options and remove the 2.6.32 from still being listed???

take a look on /boot/grub/menu.lst, just remove the unwanted lines.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!