Changing HardDrives of Virtual Machines

S

SirLouen

I've recently bought a new HDD with more capacity, and since my VMs were occupying nearly the 100% of my old disk, I would like to move some of them to the new one...

I would like to know how can be this possible since I've been looking in the wiki with no success :(

Kind regards

if you intend to add your new HD to the existing, you can mount it to the vm disk path (eg /dev/sdb1 to /var/lib/vz), probably, after moving there all vm disks, but sure udo will answer better here :)

Marco

Well problem I found I was creating the storage paths as LVM groups.

Now I've created lvm logical volumes with the owns lvm2 mechanism, and mounted the lvm storage into a folder.

And added that storage to proxmox as a Directory, so now its much easier to move vms copying the raw files to the new location.

Regards

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!