No internet connection to VM's

svan

Jul 14, 2010
hello i just made a fresh install with Promox i like the panel is easy to manage , however seems the vm's with linux works fine has internet connection and all i need , however when i made a new vm's with windows i have no internet connection , does anyone have any ideea how this can be fixed?

Hi,
there is no difference in the VM (KVM) between a vm for linux and a vm for windows - perhaps your driver inside the vm is not the right for the selected network card.
If you use the e1000 take the driver from the intel-website (create an iso-file with the driver and mount this iso as cdrom at the windows-guest).

Udo

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!