Feature request: select which disks are backed up

faceless

Jul 4, 2009
A quick feature request: it would be useful to be able to select which disks to include in a VM backup. Currently all disks are included, but I have a large scratch disk on one VM that has been blowing out my backups and it would be nice to be able to skip it.

Cheers... Mike

Yup, I'd find that very useful too!

Actually, in my opinion: to select which disks that are not to be backed up would be even better. I assume in general people will want to back up everything by default, except some well-known exceptions.

Last edited:
Mike -- while waiting for this feature, have you implemented a workaround?

Thanks,
David

Alternatively (maybe easier to implement), another solution may be to make it possible to specify a maximum size of the disk to be backed up. This way you can omit larger disks from the backups.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!