How to resize LUN from SAN?

yatesco

Sep 25, 2009
Hi all,

I have successfully hooked up Proxmox to my SAN (recent forum posts not withstanding ;)) but now I want to resize the LUN. I have resized it on the SAN - what do I need to do on Proxmox?

Hi all,

I have successfully hooked up Proxmox to my SAN (recent forum posts not withstanding ;)) but now I want to resize the LUN. I have resized it on the SAN - what do I need to do on Proxmox?
Hi,
if i understand you right, you have extended the disk, which you use as external storage in proxmox?!
Do you use the full disk for the volume group or a partition, like sdd1?
For the whole disk use something like
Code:
pvresize /dev/sdd
If you have a partition, you can expand the partition, or create an second on the disk and add the second partiion, like
Code:
pvcreate /dev/sdd2; vgextend san-vg /dev/sdd2

Hope it's help

Udo

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!