PVE 1.4 iso image upload fails

nivlek

Apr 24, 2009
Hello everyone,

I am trying to upload an iso image in 1.4 this fails with a dialog 'not found' error.

To bypass this I copied the image to /var/lib/vz/template/iso

Is there a fix for this problem ?

nivlek

I have similar troubles.

I have the 1.4 version. I uploaded ISO files without problems. But once I was uploading and ISO I must suspend it. After that I have troubles when I'm trying to upload ISO files. I choose the file in the browsing bouton but when I click de upload buton I have no signal from the web browser.

yesterday I repported similar problem (don't know if it's the same) . it was about uploading template from proxmox 1.3 web interface. after the upload ends I got a javascript popup with "Error : saving image failed".

I noticed that upload features uses prototype library to do upload with ajax.
I allready encountered similar problems with ajax uploaders with jquery library when I upload files from a computer behind a proxy.

can this be the cause of our problems ?

i know its not a permanent fix but the best bet for now is to SSH onto the server, go to /var/lib/vz/template/iso and use WGET to download the image for now until it's resolved.

Also if this is on a remote hosted site, you wont have to upload 600MB ISO's from your PC at the Office/Home.

Instance PBX in a flash transferred thru WGET at 11.8M/S, 1 min 3 seconds to download the whole ISO to that directory!!

Browser IE7
this ISO is failing everytime on my system:
Fedora-11-x86_64-DVD.iso
3,97 GB

I have tried testing with FireFox (3.0.11) that is installed on the same machine.
It does not fail like IE7 but it does seem to be taking forever to complete. In fact so long I had to break off. I'll try again later.

nivlek

Really? I am not aware of that fact - where do you see that code?

I'm speaking about proxmox 1.3 int appliance template page you can see a reference to https://proxmoxservername.com/javascript/prototype/prototype.js

this is the html header of /apl/index.html (appliance templates page)

PHP:
<!-- Head Information -->
<head>
  <title>Proxmox Virtual Environment</title>
  <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;charset=UTF-8">
  <meta http-equiv="expires" content="0">
  <meta http-equiv="cache-control" content="no-cache">
  <meta http-equiv="pragma" content="no-cache">
  <link href="/css/pve.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
<!--[if lt IE 8]>
  <link href="/css/iehacks.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
<![endif]-->
  <script type="text/javascript" src="/javascript/prototype/prototype.js"></script>
  <script type="text/javascript" src="/css/pve.js"></script>
</head>

and the form submit is done with a js call

PHP:
<a href='javascript:pve_form_save("frm", "upload");' class='frmsubmit'>upload</a>

I don't know too mutch about prototype library but the function used when you click upload button is :

PHP:
/* form handling and verification */

function pve_form_save(name, action) {
    try {
    var e = $("wait");               
    if (document.body.offsetHeight ) {
        e.style.top = 200;
        e.style.left = document.body.offsetWidth / 2 - 100;     
    }
    e.style.visibility = "visible";

$('form_' + name + '_submit').value = action;
    $(name).submit();
    }
    catch (ex) {
    e.style.visibility = "hidden";
    alert ("Error: unable to upload file (" + ex.toString() + ")");
    }
}
and I think this syntax :

$('form_' + name + '_submit').value = action;
$(name).submit();

is specific to prototype no ?

it's only a suggestions not sure if the issue is due to that.
but as I say before, I allready encountered such problems with "ajax" uploaders when the client was behind a proxy.

well the upload (I meen data transfer) works but for some reason, when the file is uploaded, proxmox fails to save it to template cache directory, and this is what I got with a similar ajax uploader.

It seems that for some reason, when Ajax is used to upload files, and the upload is done from a client behind a proxy (using NTLM/kerberos autentication) ... the server fails/refuse to save the received data to destination file.

again, it's only an idea cause I allready encountered similar problems with Ajax. I don't know how proxmox upload is done to confirm that :)

i know its not a permanent fix but the best bet for now is to SSH onto the server, go to /var/lib/vz/template/iso and use WGET to download the image for now until it's resolved.

Also if this is on a remote hosted site, you wont have to upload 600MB ISO's from your PC at the Office/Home.

Instance PBX in a flash transferred thru WGET at 11.8M/S, 1 min 3 seconds to download the whole ISO to that directory!!

with an Apache Limit 2GB then a bypass is required. I used WINSCP and you have tested SSH. With 64Bit available this limit will, I assume, be fixed soon if not already.

I don't understand your last entry about Instance PBX.

nivlek

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!