creating kvms on LVM VG and only raw format, is that correct?

F

falkmalko

Hey was hoping someone can quickly check this set up out

STORAGE

1. local

2. openvz01- this is a 500GB LV mounted as a directory (from the VG vmdisks) used to store my containers

3. vmdisks - this is a 1.76TB VG used to store my KVM machines ( –500GB that is used as an LV mounted as the directory openvz01)

when I create KVM vms and selectvmdisks for my storage It defaults to RAW and becomes blanked out. Inthe youtube videos from the official Channel all disk formats can bechosen. is this right, any ideas?

Thanks,

Nathan

if you use LVM, you use block devices directly so there is no format. therefore its no option here to choose (was a minor bug in first beta releases)

thanks for the explanation Tom, is using LVM like this the recommended way?

sorry, still trying to get my head around everything

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!