migration vmware server 2 to proxmox 2.1 (type scsi missing)

Hello

I currently have a server Proxmox ve 2.1 (production server) and a second Proxmox ve 2.2. (Test Server).
I’m responsible of the migration of VMware server 2 virtual machine to Proxmox 2.1.

When I migrate a virtual machine to my Proxmox 2.2 server it works very well, by selecting the type of hard disk by SCSI when creating the virtual machine.

However, on the Proxmox 2.1 server , I don’t have the SCSI option. I only have the choice between ide and virtio and it doesn't work with both.

Is the problem due to the version difference or is there something missing on my Proxmox 2.1?

thanks for your help

Thomas

first, use 2.2. the wizard does no show scsi currently (there were scsi boot problems) but as soon as the VM is created, you can add scsi disks without problems.

first, use 2.2. the wizard does no show scsi currently (there were scsi boot problems) but as soon as the VM is created, you can add scsi disks without problems.

I prefer to stay in 2.1 version.

I already tried it but it didn't work. When I remove the hard disk and recreate it with scsi option, I start my vm, there is a message on boot "boot failed : could not read the boot disk" whereas, like i said firstly, the boot is ok on my proxmox 2.2.

Thomas

I prefer to stay in 2.1 version.

I already tried it but it didn't work. When I remove the hard disk and recreate it with scsi option, I start my vm and there is a message on boot "boot failed : could not read the boot disk" whereas, like I said firstly, the boot is ok on my proxmox 2.2.

if you want a working scsi boot you need to move to latest 2.2, there were a lot of fixes recently.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!