How to Assign a dedicated NIC to use for iSCSCI Storage traffic

F

faizalcp

Hi,

Proxmox 2.x is working fine here in the 2 HP servers of my organization . Well, just wish to clear one doubt..

I have 3 NIC in each servers.. How can I assign one dedicated NIC, say eth1, to use for storage traffic.., means I wanna dedicate eth1 to connect with iSCSI storage..

Thanks in advance,

Just put your iscsi storage on a deadicated subnet with eth1's physical port pluged into that subnet.
I've got an IBM box with 4 NIC's, two of which are doing MPIO iSCSI to a SAN this way. (using vLans).

@ MIlkwerm

Nice Idea, But in VMWare we can select and directly connect vSwicth with SAN storage , I was just wondering whether it is possible to do it in proxmox, rather than configuring different Vlans

Any Idea..?

Anyway thanks for your nice suggestion.. its really valuable too...

the way i ahve it configured is to have my iSCSI on a different IP range and only have that IP range accessible via that one NIC...

Normal NIC: 123.123.123.*
iSCSI: 345.345.345.*

Its linux, so you should be able to use the routing tables for that.

make sure you set up all routing table entries that would match the IP of the iscsi host have a metric of... say 100, and then simply issue
Code:
route add <iscsi-ip> [via <router-ip>] metric 50 dev eth1

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!