F12 Boot menu delay too short, PVEMUser cannot change boot order...

Nakata

Renowned Member
Jun 13, 2012
Hello,

i'm using Proxmox where users have individual permission "PVEMUser" for individual VMs
This permission does not allow change boot order in menu Options=>Boot order (which i think you should have allowed by default for for PVEMUser permission..)

So user then have still option to use F12 menu. Problem is that delay for menu is very short, i think 1 or 2 sec
There is no chance to chatch pressing F12 key when machine is turned on (console has to be opened, than Java varning etc..) So only option is catch it in the moment in restart, but it is not easy also...

Is there any option how to make delay for F12 boot menu longer, for example 10sec ?

Regards
RH

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!