proxmox 2.2 cluster issue

copymaster

Nov 25, 2009
Hi

i am just installing a new cluster proxmox 2.2 to migrate my old 1.9.

I installed a first server, configured 2 NICs as a biond0 and configured it as vmbr0. All well so far.
Then i installed a second server with same procedure, all well

After that i created a cluster and added the second server to the cluster, even ok

But NOW i need to configure nic 3 and 4 for server 1. so i created a bond1 and rebooted.

Now the cluster is not working anymore, i am not able to login via web or ping it.

Console says: no quorum?

Is it possible to change the ip's after first installation? how do i do this?

Hi

i am just installing a new cluster proxmox 2.2 to migrate my old 1.9.

I installed a first server, configured 2 NICs as a biond0 and configured it as vmbr0. All well so far.
Then i installed a second server with same procedure, all well

After that i created a cluster and added the second server to the cluster, even ok

But NOW i need to configure nic 3 and 4 for server 1. so i created a bond1 and rebooted.

Now the cluster is not working anymore, i am not able to login via web or ping it.

Console says: no quorum?

Is it possible to change the ip's after first installation? how do i do this?

can you post your /etc/network/interfaces of both servers ?

can you post your /etc/network/interfaces of both servers ?

In the meantime i reinstalled both servers but configured the bond0 (eth0 eth1) and bond1(eth2 eth3) BEFORE i created the cluster.
Then i created the cluster and rebooted the machines. Now it seems to work.

Is it not possible to create a cluster and configure eth2 and eth3 afterwards?

In the meantime i reinstalled both servers but configured the bond0 (eth0 eth1) and bond1(eth2 eth3) BEFORE i created the cluster.
Then i created the cluster and rebooted the machines. Now it seems to work.

Is it not possible to create a cluster and configure eth2 and eth3 afterwards?

You can, I think the proxmox staff will just tell you to reinstall but it can be done.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!