Improving mount parameters how to

luison

Renowned Member
Feb 22, 2010
Spain
alsur.es
Trying to improve our partitions and mount points while migrating a new server to the latest release we are splitting some partitions in order to improve mount points with specific parameters (as noatime,data=writeback,barrier=0,nobh and others) for web files, mysql, etc

We currently only use OpenVZ containers that share data partitions via bind mounts from the host. This is a data dir is mounted from the hosts /data/xxxx dir. That /data partition has the specific parameters assigned.

I am uncertain if:

• bind mounts on containers inherit whatever mounting specifications of this type or need to be reassigned on the VIDXXX.mount file?
  • I am aware there is a vzctl param to force it via command line... "vzctl set veid --noatime yes --save" but are there any other form (via conf files) to include the "noatime" or other mount options for the VM root itself, or they would be inherited also from the /var/lib/vz/ mount options. Would I need in that case to include them also in the bind mounts?
  • are there are any issues as far as PVE itself if the system root partition includes params such as noatime?

Also posted at Stackoverflow - http://stackoverflow.com/q/14734002/169801

thanks

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!