VLAN problems with newer pve-kernel-image versions

Hi,

since quiet a long time there have been problems with the ixgbe driver, VLANs and bondings. Back in time there was a thread about this problem, but I'm unable to find it :(

The problem seems to be that although a VLAN tagging is configured, packets leave the network interface card untagged, resulting in a total loss of connectivity when a VLAN tag is required to have network connectivity.

First version introducing the problem: pve-kernel-2.6.32-12-pve
The only version known to work: pve-kernel-2.6.32-11-pve

Recently I've tried to upgrade to pve-kernel-2.6.32-17-pve on the affected hosts and noticed that problem still exists.
So I'm wondering, if anybody made any proceedings with the problem? Did anyone report a bug to intel about this?

I know that earlier when that problem popped up, some people decided to manually install the old ixgbe module e.g. via module-assistant.
Is that still the only solution to not get stuck with the old kernel, when affected by this problem?

Best Regards,
Patrick

try pve-kernel-2.6.32-18-pve from pvetest (see http://forum.proxmox.com/threads/12...VE-pvetest-repo-including-new-KVM-live-backup).

Code:
modinfo ixgbe
filename:       /lib/modules/2.6.32-17-pve/kernel/drivers/net/ixgbe/ixgbe.ko
version:        3.11.33
license:        GPL
description:    Intel(R) 10 Gigabit PCI Express Network Driver
author:         Intel Corporation, <linux.nics@intel.com>
srcversion:     ADDCBFA6FAFE8A0299074F8

new version:

Code:
modinfo ixgbe
filename:       /lib/modules/2.6.32-18-pve/kernel/drivers/net/ixgbe/ixgbe.ko
version:        3.12.6
license:        GPL
description:    Intel(R) 10 Gigabit PCI Express Network Driver
author:         Intel Corporation, <linux.nics@intel.com>
srcversion:     8DF957ED196F1E2750D88A4

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!