VM can't get access to network over the proxmox bridge.

K

klorgon

Hi, sorry for my bad english, but i have a problem.
My VM cant use network to get access to internet, but in the area of the proxmox netbridge all working fine.
VM parameters:
1)Templates: Linux Debian 6.0.6 standart
2)№ of cores: 1 virtual (proxmox's node has 2 virtual, because im using virtualbox for testing, I mean I run virtual machine in virtual machine)
3)512 mb ram, 512 mb of swap.
4)2 gb hard drive.
VirtualBox settings:
1)OS: Debian
2)2 gb of RAM
3)core risk lvl 80%
4)VBoosting: VT-x/AMD-V, Nested Paging, PAE/NX
5)Network adapter: Intel PRO/1000 MT Desktop (Network bridge, 'Atheros AR948WB-EG Wireless Network Adapter')

Cool thing:
When I using my PCI-E network adapter, VM cant get ip adress form dhcp server on my router, but when im using a wireless adapter, all working great (i mean only ip receiving).

Can you help me to configure my network. Im only 17, so all information is useful)

Hi,
I assume that a bridge on a virtual NIC (from virtualbox) don't work.

Proxmox VE is made to run on bare metal - I guess your VM or CT will work well on a pve which is running direct on a host.

Udo

Virtual machines and containers are working using windows 10, virtualbox and proxmox 5 as long as vt is desactivated on Vm and virtio is not used in proxmox configuration. I posted a full description in the proxmox issue tracking

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!