ProxMox 2.0 disk space

Stryder

Oct 27, 2012
Guys, this came out of nothing....Can I delete the files .gz inside /var/log/

or any other Ideas???

This is ther error that pops out

closing file '/var/log/pve/tasks/active.tmp.1863' failed - No space left on device (500)

The .gz files in your log folder shouldn't make that big of a difference (probably just a few kb to mb at most)... Not to mention, they are rotated logs (i.e.: messages.x.gz would be log file from x days ago), and will automatically build up again in the course of next few days anyways. If you are running out of space, you might want to get extra drives, or resize your partitions.

It´s okay perhaps you could explain me this I have a 500 GBytes Hard Drive 2 VM running
HD1
1--->100GBytes

HD2
2--->150GBytes
So I´m using 250 Gbytes + Proxmox Instalation 1 Gbyte + 25 Gbytes of each Backup ---- Aprox 300 Gbytes used.

Where is the rest of my hard drive????

How can I find those files that are filling my hardrive??? Where are they???

Ideas 2 me.....Thanks in advance, 2 all of you guys...S

/var/log/pve/... path you mentioned in the initial post are part of pve-root. If your error message is about running out of space in that place, you want to check out the size of that partition. The default pve-root was allocated to be 94GB or something crazy for me using default isntallation. That was way too much, so I reduced my to 32GB. I don't know if you've set it to 1GB based on your message, but if so, that is way too little (I'm using about 1.6GB on my pve-root right now, for example, and I try not to install too many things on my host node), and you should see if there's a way for you to some how resize that or relocate it to another bigger drive.

the following command tells you more.

Code:
df -h

Fine....Agree, about it...but why my server it´s full up when I installed was working just fine...I did nothing a couple of backups nothing else so what happen???

any way if you can h3lp with the commands or steps 2 resize partitions all I have done about this was with qm resize ..... JAJAJAJA I don´t think this command will help me now...so

truly gratefull S

Fine....Agree, about it...but why my server it´s full up when I installed was working just fine...I did nothing a couple of backups nothing else so what happen???

Maybe you wrote backup data into the root partition?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!